Lots of Wildlife at Little Pengelly Farm and around West Cornwall
Cornwall has abundant wildlife, ranging from delicate butterflies to mighty Basking Sharks. There are many wildlife reserves, in West Cornwall, which are easy to visit from Little Pengelly. You may wish to take a Sea Safari from Penzance, or a simply boat trip from Porthleven.
Some animals which you can see at Little Pengelly are Swallows, House Martins, Sparrow Hawks, Bull Finches, Chaffinches, Owls, Wrens, Long Tailed Tits, Redwings, Ravens, Hedgehogs, Toads, Dragon Flies, Bees, Badgers, and Slow Worms.
- Seals, at Godrevy and Lizard Point
- Choughs at The Lizard and Rinsey
- Peregrine Falcons and Kestrels at Rinsey
- Dolphins and Basking Sharks off the coast at Porthleven, Porthcurno and Mounts Bay
- Dragon Flies and Butterflies at Goonhilly Downs
- Bats at Godolphin House
- Sand Lizards at Mexico Towans
RSPB Reserves, at Marazion Marsh and Lelant Saltings.
Sites of Special Scientific Interest at Cudden Point to Prussia Cove, Gwithian to Mexico Towans and Loe Pool.
Goonhilly Downs National Nature Reserve